Thursday 24 September 2015

What Kind Of Yoga Teacher Do You Want To Be?

Got stumped today.

While chewing the fat with my yoga teacher training teacher (does that even make sense?)...whatever...anyway, I said I'd put together a kick ass (literally) practice for the weekend.

Anyway, she asks me "Is that the kind of teacher you want to be?"

Now, she means, am I going to be the kind of teacher that teaches a strength based power type class.

I stammered something in reply. But it got me thinking. And now I know the answer :)

I'm going to be the kind of teacher that packs the studio out.

This isn't an idle boast...it's solely based on economics, finding the yoga market groove and supplying a quality experience.

Does this make me less yogic than a teacher who's out to save the whales?

Yes, if that teacher teaches all their classes for free.

See you in class, J.

No comments:

Post a Comment